Monday, August 4, 2008

HOTEL TEAM INDIA

In a packed Ashoka hotel, selection was taking place
Here i am Dhepack Tourasia, with cameraman shailesh
Up ahead in the distance, i saw a shimmering light
I couldn't stop my laugh, she was sharad pawar's wife
There she puked in the doorway, I heard Kiran More's yell
And i was thinking to myself, Ganguly must be beating chappell
Then she announced the captain, it was Shinde
There were media men in the corridor, I heard them say..

Welcome to the hotel team india
Such a crooky place
Such a crooky place
Plenty of bookies in the hotel team india
Any time of year, you can find it here

He got the hamstring injury, but he is not sad
He got the Airtel ad, so he is glad
How he plays in the matches, is doesn't matter
At the end of year, he gets 'Arjun Award' letter
So I called up the captain, 'please bring me a victoree
He said, 'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen eighty three'
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night, Just to hear them say...

I will gift you a flat in lokhandwala
Just for losing a match
Just for losing a match
Plenty of rooms in the flat of lokhandwala
And one maruti esteem, to all your team

Black label on the table, the pink champagne on ice,
Gavaskar said 'I am the consultant here, i will only give advice'
And in the wrestling arena, they gathered to fight,
Harbhajan slapped Sreesanth once again, Chawla got pissed because of his height
Last thing I remember, I was Running for the phone,
I had to call the police but there was only an engage tone,
'relax' said the Dalmiya, this is the latest requirement,
Mr Pawar has done it a lot of time, in the parliament !!

And then they all laughed at me and sang along the way,
Kumble was biting his nails in the corner,Just to hear them say,

Come for the Indian team selection
Fifty lakhs a year
Fifty lakhs a year
And we assure you a place in the team,
for Zimbabwe tour, for Zimbabwe tour

No comments: